- 50 mL or 1/4 cup margarine or butter
- 250 g or 1 pkg (about 40) regular marshmallows or 5 cups miniature
- 1.5 L or 6 cups Rice Krispies* cereal
- 2 mL or 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- 250 mL or 1 cup chocolate chips
- Orange tinted coconut
- Candy corn
- Jellied orange slices
- Prepared icing
- In large microwave safe bowl, melt margarine, one cup of chocolate chips, and marshmallows on HIGH for about 2 minutes, stirring after 1 minute.
- Stir vanilla into mixture until smooth.
- Add Kellogg's* Rice Krispies* cereal, stirring until well coated.
- To form the brim of the witch’s hat, pour two cups of the mixture into a 15 cm circle and press to flatten.
- Place on a 12.5 cm cardboard base.
- Form the remaining mixture into the pointy part of the hat, 10 cm wide at the base and 15 cm tall.
- Place crown on brim, securing with toothpicks.
- Sprinkle brim with orange tinted coconut, and decorate crown with jellied oranges sliced lengthwise in two and candy corn, secured with prepared icing.
In keeping with good allergy practices, we remind you to be aware of allergens and to check labels on any packaged goods used. This recipe has been tested using Kellogg’s* products. Results with other products may vary.