White Chocolate Cheesecake with NEW Vanilla Rice Krispies* Crust
- 750 mL (3 cups) Rice Krispies* with Vanilla Flavour cereal
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) granulated sugar
- 45 mL (3 tbsp) soft margarine
- 1 pkg (225 g) white chocolate chips
- 2 pkgs (250 g) cream cheese, softened
- 175 mL (3/4 cup) granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 250 mL (1 cup) sour cream
- 375 mL (1 1/2 cups) each: sliced strawberries and kiwi Whipped cream, optional
- In food processor, combine cereal, 30 mL (2 tbsp) sugar and margarine. Process until it becomes fine crumbs. Press into bottom and part way up sides of 23 cm (9-inch) springform pan (or bottom of 23 cm/9-inch square pan). Bake at 180°C (350°F) about 8 minutes, until golden brown. Let cool. Reduce oven to 160°C (325°F).
- Melt white chocolate chips in medium bowl in microwave; stir until smooth. Let cool slightly.
- In large bowl with electric mixer, beat together cream cheese and 175 mL (3/4 cup) sugar on medium until smooth. Beat in melted chocolate. Beat in eggs one at a time. Mix in sour cream. Pour into prepared crust.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until almost set in center and pulls away from edges. Remove from oven and immediately run knife around edge to prevent cracking. Cool 1 hour; remove outer ring. Chill at least 2 hours before serving. Cut into wedges, place on serving plates. Serve with a dollop of whipped cream, if desired, and sliced strawberries and kiwi.
YIELD: 10 servings.
In keeping with good allergy practices, we remind you to be aware of allergens and to check labels on any packaged goods used. This recipe has been tested using Kellogg's* products. Results with other products may vary.