Vanilla Mocha Fudge
- 25 mL or 5 tsp instant coffee granules
- 5 mL or 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 pkg (350 g) or 2 cups/500mL semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 150 mL or 2/3 cup Rice Krispies* with Vanilla Flavour cereal
- 1 pkg (225 g) white chocolate chips
- 75 mL or 1/3 cup icing sugar
1. Dissolve instant coffee granules in 15 mL (1 tbsp) boiling water. Stir in vanilla.
2. Melt semi-sweet chocolate chips in medium bowl in microwave or over saucepan of boiling water. Stir until smooth. Stir in 175 (3/4 cup) of the sweetened condensed milk and 20 mL (4 tsp) of the coffee mixture until smooth and glossy.
3. Stir in cereal. Spread in 23 cm (9-inch) baking pan lined on bottom and two sides with foil.
4. Melt white chocolate chips in medium bowl in microwave or over saucepan of boiling water. Stir until smooth. Stir in icing sugar, remaining coffee mixture and remaining sweetened condensed milk. Spread over chocolate layer in pan. Refrigerate 3 hours or until firm. Lift out of pan, remove foil and cut into squares. Store in covered container.
YIELD: 36 pieces
In keeping with good allergy practices, we remind you to be aware of allergens and to check labels on any packaged goods used. This recipe has been tested using Kellogg's* products. Results with other products may vary.