Two Pears in a Pod
This sweet and simple recipe is best when made in pairs. Your little one can help shape the pocket while you slice the fruit.
- 1 tbsp. or 15 ml butter or margarine
- 14 Marshmallows
- 1 1/3 cups or 325 ml Miniature Marshmallows
- 2 cups or 500 ml Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
- 1/2 large fresh pear, cored and cut into thin wedges
- 3 tbsp. or 45 ml seedless raspberry jam, melted
- 3 tbsp. or 45 ml chocolate ice cream topping
1.In small saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
2. Add KELLOGG'S RICE KRISPIES cereal. Stir until well coated. Cool slightly.
3. Using buttered hands shape mixture into four 15 cm long pods. Cool.
4. On each dessert plate place one pod. Place two pear wedges in each. Drizzle with jam and ice cream topping. Serve immediately.
In microwave-safe bowl heat butter and marshmallows on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Follow steps 2 through 4 above. Microwave cooking times may vary.
For best results, use fresh marshmallows.
1 jar (198 g) marshmallow crème can be substituted for marshmallows.
Diet, reduced calorie or tub margarine is not recommended.
Best if served same day.
In keeping with good allergy practices, we remind you to be aware of allergens and to check labels on any packaged goods used. This recipe has been tested using Kellogg's* products. Results with other products may vary.