Two Grain Mallow Bars
- 50 ml or 1/41/4 ml margarine or butter
- 1.25 L or 5 cups miniature or 40 regular (250 g pkg) marshmallows
- 2 ml or 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 125 ml or 1/2 cup raisins
- 75 ml or 1/3 cup chopped, pitted dried apricots
- 75 ml or 1/3 cup coarsely chopped, unblanched almonds
- 15 ml or 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 500 ml or 2 cups Kellogg's Corn Flakes* cereal
- 1 L or 4 cups Rice Krispies* cereal
1. In large saucepan over low heat, melt margarine. Add marshmallows; stir until melted and well blended. Remove from heat. (OR, in large microwaveable bowl, microwave margarine at HIGH 30 - 60 seconds to melt. Stir in marshmallows. Microwave at HIGH 1 - 12 minutes or until smooth when stirred, stirring after 45 seconds.)
2. Stir in vanilla, raisins, apricots, almonds and seeds. Add cereals (lightly crush the Kellogg's Corn Flakes* cereal, stirring until well coated.)
3. Using lightly-buttered spatula, press into buttered 2 L (9") square pan. Cool. Cut into bars.
In keeping with good allergy practices, we remind you to be aware of allergens and to check labels on any packaged goods used. This recipe has been tested using Kellogg's* products. Results with other products may vary.