Toffee Nut Crunch
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) firmly packed brown sugar
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) corn syrup
- 50 mL (1/4 cup) butter or margarine
- 1.5 L (6 cups) Crispix* Cereal
- 250 mL (1/2 cup) peanuts
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) slivered almonds
1. In large heavy saucepan, combine sugar, corn syrup and butter.
2. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until sugar is completely dissolved and moisture comes to a full boil.
3. Remove from heat.
4. Add cereal, peanuts and almonds. Stir until well coated. Spread mixture evenly over buttered, foil-lined 45 X 29 X 2 cm (17 X 11 X 3/4") jelly roll pan.
5. Bake at 160°C (325°F) 15 minutes. Cool thoroughly. Remove from foil and break into pieces. Store in airtight container.
NOTES: An irresistible snack to share with family and friends at a party.
YIELD: 2 L (8 cups)
In keeping with good allergy practices, we remind you to be aware of allergens and to check labels on any packaged goods used. This recipe has been tested using Kellogg's* products. Results with other products may vary.