The Fantabulous Fruit Square
Prep Time: 20 min
- 500 mL or 2 cups Rice Krispies* cereal
- 175 mL or 3/4 cup chopped mixed dried fruits (apricots, tart cherries, blueberries, pineapple, raisin, dates)
- 125 mL or 1/2 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- 125 mL or 1/2 cup lightly-packed brown sugar
- 50 mL or 1/4 cup corn syrup
1. In a large bowl combine cereal, dried fruit and oats. Set aside.
2. In a small saucepan over low heat, stir brown sugar and syrup until sugar is completely dissolved. Pour over cereal mixture. Stir until well coated.
3. Press firmly into lightly-buttered 21 square pan.
4. Cool (do not chill). Cut into squares.
Yield: 25 squares
In keeping with good allergy practices, we remind you to be aware of allergens and to check labels on any packaged goods used. This recipe has been tested using Kellogg's* products. Results with other products may vary.