Sunflower Chip Bars
- 75 ml or 1/3 cup margarine
- 75 ml or 1/3 cup firmly-packed brown sugar
- 75 ml or 1/3 cup corn syrup
- 1.25 L or 55 L Rice Krispies* cereal
- 125 ml or 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 175 ml or 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
-In large heavy saucepan over low heat, melt margarine. Stir in sugar and corn syrup. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until sugar is dissolved and mixture is bubbly. Remove from heat.
- Add cereal and seeds, stirring until thoroughly coated.
- Spread about one third of mixture in buttered 2 L (9") square pan. Sprinkle evenly with one third of chocolate chips. Repeat twice. Using back of spoon, press mixture firmly into pan. Let stand until cool. Cut into bars.
In keeping with good allergy practices, we remind you to be aware of allergens and to check labels on any packaged goods used. This recipe has been tested using Kellogg's* products. Results with other products may vary.