Summer Balloon Treats
- 50 ml or 1/4 cup margarine or butter
- 1 pkg 250 g (about 40) regular or 5 cups (1.25 ml) miniature marshmallows
- 1.5 L or 6 cups Rice Krispies* cereal
- Canned icing or decorating gel
- Food colouring
- Assorted candies or coloured sprinkles
- Licorice strings
1. In large saucepan, melt margarine over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
2. Add cereal. Stir until well coated.
3. Using a lightly buttered spatula or wax paper, evenly press mixture into 39 x 25 x 2.5 cm (15 x 10 x 1-inch) pan coated with cooking spray. Cool slightly. Using cookie cutters coated with cooking spray cut into balloon shapes.
4. Decorate with icing (use food colouring for desired colours) and candies. Add licorice strings for balloon strings. Best if served the same day.
1. In microwave-safe bowl, heat margarine and marshmallows on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Follow steps 2 through 4 above. Microwave cooking times may vary.
TIPS: Store no more than 2 days at room temperature in airtight container. To freeze, place in layers separated by wax paper, in airtight container. Freeze for up to 6weeks. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving.
In keeping with good allergy practices, we remind you to be aware of allergens and to check labels on any packaged goods used. This recipe has been tested using Kellogg's* products. Results with other products may vary.