Stuffed Stocking Treats
- 50 ml or 1/4 cup margarine or butter
- 1 pkg or 1 pkg 250 g (about 40) regular or 5 cups (1.25 ml) miniature marshmallows
- 1.5 L or 6 cups Rice Krispies* cereal
- Canned icing or decorating gel, coloured sprinkles
- Assorted candies such as small candy canes
1. In large saucepan, melt margarine over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
2. Add cereal. Stir until well coated.
3. Using a lightly buttered spatula or wax paper, press into 33 x 23 cm (13 x 9-inch) pan coated with cooking spray. Cool slightly. Using cookie cutter coated with cooking spray cut into stocking shapes. Cut a small slit along top of each stocking. Insert candies into slit. Decorate with icing, sprinkles and additional candies. Best if served the same day.
1. In microwave-safe bowl, heat margarine and marshmallows on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Follow steps 2 and 3 above. Microwave cooking times may vary.
Tips: Store no more than 2 days at room temperature in airtight container. To freeze, place in single layer on wax paper in airtight container. Freeze for up to 6 weeks. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving.
In keeping with good allergy practices, we remind you to be aware of allergens and to check labels on any packaged goods used. This recipe has been tested using Kellogg's* products. Results with other products may vary.