Strawberry Ice Cream Pie (Gluten-Free version)
- 30 ml or 2 tbsp Firmly-packed brown sugar
- 45 ml or 3 tbsp Butter
- 50 ml or 1/4 cup Corn syrup
- 625 ml or 2 1/2 cup Rice Krispies* Brown Rice Gluten-Free cereal
- 1 L or 4 cups Vanilla ice cream
- 750 ml or 3 cups Fresh strawberries
- 15 ml or 1 tbsp Sugar
1. In medium saucepan, combine brown sugar, butter and syrup. Cook over medium heat stirring constantly, until sugar is dissolved and mixture just begins to boil. Remove from heat.
2. Stir in cereal, mixing until well coated. With back of spoon press evenly into buttered 23 cm (9") pie plate to form crust. Chill until firm.
3. Spoon softened ice cream into chilled crust, spreading evenly. Freeze until firm, at least 4 hours; cover.
4. Reserve about 250 ml (1 cup) berries. In food processor or blender, puree remaining strawberries. Sweeten with sugar to taste. Cover and refrigerate.
5. At serving time, slice reserved berries; top each pie slice with sliced berries and drizzle with strawberry puree.
† Since product formulation vary from one brand to another, be sure to always read the ingredient listings to be sure that the brands you selected are gluten free.
In keeping with good allergy practices, we remind you to be aware of allergens and to check labels on any packaged goods used. This recipe has been tested using Kellogg's* products. Results with other products may vary.