Squares with Chocolate Chips
Prep Time: 10 min
- 50 mL (1/4 cup) margarine or butter
- 1 pkg (1 pkg) 250 g (about 40) regular marshmallows or 5 cups miniature marshmallows
- 2 mL (1/2 tsp) vanilla extract (optional)
- 1.5 L (6 cups) Rice Krispies* cereal
- 250 mL (1 cup) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In large saucepan over low heat, melt margarine. Add marshmallows; stir until melted and well blended. Remove from heat.
- Stir in vanilla. Add cereal, stirring until coated. Add chocolate chips, stirring until thoroughly coated.
- Using lightly-buttered spatula, press into buttered 3.5 L (13 x 9") pan. Cool. Cut into squares.
In keeping with good allergy practices, we remind you to be aware of allergens and to check labels on any packaged goods used. This recipe has been tested using Kellogg's* products. Results with other products may vary.