Squares Original Recipe (Large Quantity)
- 0.480 kg (1.06 lb) margarine or shortening
- 2.143 kg (4.73 lb) marshmallows
- 0.018 kg (0.04 lb) vanilla extract
- 1.358 kg (2.99 lb) Rice Krispies* cereal
- Heat margarine over low heat to liquefy (approx. 175° F) in steam kettle or suitable sized pan.
- Once margarine is liquid, add marshmallow and stir until mixture has homogenous consistency. Turn off heat.
- Add vanilla and mix in thoroughly.
- Add cereal and stir to coat entirely with marshmallow mixture.
- Transfer to a large greased pan or pan lined with parchment paper (see note).
- Spread with a greased spatula to even mixture in pan and then compress using a rolling pin. Let cool completely.
- Turn out of pan and cut to desired size using a large knife.
Notes: Pan size selection will depend on desired dimensions of final product. Yield will depend on pan size and thickness of the bars. Approximate yield per 4kg batch size - 90 squares 2"x2"x2" or 720 cubic inches.
In keeping with good allergy practices, we remind you to be aware of allergens and to check labels on any packaged goods used. This recipe has been tested using Kellogg's* products. Results with other products may vary.