Prep Time: 20 min
- 50 mL or 1/4 cup margarine or butter
- 250 g or 1 pkg (about 40) regular marshmallows**
- 1.5 L or 6 cups Rice Krispies* cereal
- Food colouring, prepared frosting, candy corn, candy-coated gum
- string licorice, coloured shredded coconut
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt margarine or butter and marshmallows** in a microwave set on HIGH for 2 minutes, stirring after 1 minute.
- Add a few drops of food colouring and stir mixture until smooth.
- Add Kellogg's* Rice Krispies* cereal, stirring until well coated.
- Let cereal mixture cool slightly until it is safe to touch.
- With buttered hands, shape cereal mixture into spider shapes and place on waxed paper.
- Allow to cool.
- Decorate spiders using candy corn for eyes, candy-coated gum for teeth, licorice for web and coloured coconut for hair.
- Attach decorations with frosting.
Tip: Colour coconut by soaking in warm water with a few drops of food colouring for about 30 minutes. Dry coconut on paper towels before using..
Notes: **Also equals 1.25 L (5 cups) of miniature marshmallows.
In keeping with good allergy practices, we remind you to be aware of allergens and to check labels on any packaged goods used. This recipe has been tested using Kellogg’s* products. Results with other products may vary.