Spicy Raisin Squares
- 50 mL or 1/4 cup margarine or butter
- 250 g or 1 pkg (about 40) regular marshmallows or 5 cups miniature
- 5 mL or 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 125 mL or 1/2 cup raisins
- 1.5 L or 6 cups Rice Krispies* cereal
- 2 mL or 1/2 tsp vanilla (optional)
- In a large saucepan over low heat, melt margarine. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
- Stir in pumpkin pie spice and vanilla. Add cereal and raisins, stirring until well coated.
- Press into lightly-buttered 3.5 L (13 x 9") pan. Allow to cool. Cut into bars.
- In large microwaveable bowl, microwave margarine at HIGH (100%) 30-60 seconds or until melted. Add marshmallows, tossing to coat. Microwave at HIGH (100%) 1 - 1 1/2 minutes or until smooth when stirred, stirring after 45 seconds. Follow steps 2 and 3 above.
In keeping with good allergy practices, we remind you to be aware of allergens and to check labels on any packaged goods used. This recipe has been tested using Kellogg's* products. Results with other products may vary.