Spiced Apple, Carrot and Zucchini Bar
- 500 mL (2 cups) Rice Krispies* cereal
- 250 mL (1 cup) all-purpose flour
- 5 mL (1 tsp) baking powder
- 1 mL (1/4 tsp) each: baking soda and salt
- 5 mL (1 tsp) cinnamon
- 3 egg whites
- 50 mL (1/4 cup) vegetable oil
- 250 mL (1 cup) firmly packed brown sugar
- 5 mL (1 tsp) vanilla
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) each: shredded carrot and zucchini
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) shredded peeled apple
- 75 mL (1/3 cup) finely chopped walnuts
- 10 mL (2 tsp) icing sugar
- In large bowl, mix together crushed cereal, flour, baking powder, soda, salt and cinnamon.
- In medium bowl mix together egg whites, oil, brown sugar and vanilla. Stir in carrot, zucchini, apple and walnuts. Stir into cereal mixture just until combined. Spread in 33 x 23 cm (13 x 9-inch) baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 180°C (350°F) about 20 minutes or until golden brown and wooden pick inserted in centre comes out clean. Cool completely on wire rack. Sift icing sugar over top. Cut into bars. Store covered in refrigerator.
YIELD: 24 bars.
In keeping with good allergy practices, we remind you to be aware of allergens and to check labels on any packaged goods used. This recipe has been tested using Kellogg's* products. Results with other products may vary.