Crispix* Krispies* cereal pieces, coated with peanut butter and chocolate, are tossed with icing sugar to create this crispy-crunchy snack - a winner for the holiday season!
- 1.5 L or 6 cups Crispix* Krispies* cereal
- 1.5 L or 6 cups pkg (250 ml/ 1 cup) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 50 ml or 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 50 ml or 1/4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 500 ml or 2 cups icing sugar
1. Place cereal in large bowl; set aside. In small saucepan over low heat, constantly stir chocolate and butter just until melted. Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter, mixing well.
2. Pour mixture over cereal, stirring gently with a spatula until all pieces are well coated.
3. Place icing sugar in large size reclosable plastic storage bag. Spoon in coated cereal; close bag tightly. Gently shake and turn bag until cereal is thoroughly coated with sugar. Store in airtight container in refrigerator.
MICROWAVE: Place cereal in large bowl; set aside. In small microwaveable bowl, microwave chocolate and butter at MEDIUM (50%) 1 1/2- 2 minutes or until melted and smooth, stirring after 1 minute. Stir in peanut butter. Follow steps 2 and 3 above. (Cooking time is for 700-watts microwave ovens; increase slightly for lower-wattage ovens.)
VARIATION: Cocoa Drops - Reduce icing sugar to 375 ml (1 1/2 cups) and sift with 175 ml (3/4 cup) cocoa powder into plastic bag.
YIELD: 2 L (8 cups)
In keeping with good allergy practices, we remind you to be aware of allergens and to check labels on any packaged goods used. This recipe has been tested using Kellogg's* products. Results with other products may vary.