- 50 mL (1/4 cup) margarine or butter
- 250 g (1 pkg) (about 40) regular marshmallows or 5 cups miniature
- 2 mL (1/2 tsp) vanilla extract (optional)
- 1.5 L (6 cups) Rice Krispies* cereal
- Fruit Flavoured snacks or candies
- Peanut butter or frosting
1. In a large microwave safe bowl, heat margarine and marshmallows at HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes.
2. Stir in vanilla and Kellogg's* Rice Krispies* cereal until well coated.
3. When slightly cooled, shape mixture into snakes using buttered hands.
4. Place on surface sprayed with cooking spray, or wax paper.
5. Decorate snakes using cereal, berries, fruit flavoured snacks or candies.
6. Use peanut butter or frosting to attach decorations, or make stripes and spots.
Stove Top Method:
Melt margarine in large saucepan over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Follow steps 2 and 3 above.
In keeping with good allergy practices, we remind you to be aware of allergens and to check labels on any packaged goods used. This recipe has been tested using Kellogg’s* products. Results with other products may vary.