Saucy Soft Tacos
- 500 g (1 lb) lean ground beef
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) chopped onion
- 375 mL (1 1/2 cups) frozen corn thawed
- 1 can (540 mL/19 oz) diced tomatoes or salsa
- 175 mL (3/4 cup) ketchup
- 500 mL (2 cups) Rice Krispies* cereal
- 2 mL (1/2 tsp) salt
- 10 mL (2 tsp) chili powder
- 12 20cm (8 inch) flour tortillas
- shredded cheese
- shredded lettuce
- chopped green onion
- chopped tomatoes
- sour cream, salsa
1. In large skillet, cook ground beef and onion over medium heat until meat is browned. Stir in corn, tomatoes, ketchup, cereal and seasonings. Simmer over low heat about 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
2. Warm tortillas in oven or microwave. Spoon 125 mL (1/2 cup) meat mixture onto each tortilla. Add toppings. Serve immediately.
Food Processor Method: Place uncrushed cereal and all ingredients, except filling in food processor. Process about 30 seconds until mixture is crumbly. Continue as above.
YIELD: 6 servings.
In keeping with good allergy practices, we remind you to be aware of allergens and to check labels on any packaged goods used. This recipe has been tested using Kellogg's* products. Results with other products may vary.