Salmon Patties with Mustard Sauce
- 2 cans (213 g) sockeye salmon undrained
- 750 mL 3 cups Rice Krispies* cereal
- 125 mL 1/2 cup finely chopped onion or green onion
- 125 mL 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 2 eggs
- 30 mL 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 mL 1/2 tsp pepper
- 125 mL 1/2 cup low-fat sour cream (3%)
- 50 mL 1/4 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 15 mL 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 15 mL 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh dill (or 2 mL/1/2 tsp dried)
1. In large bowl, place salmon; remove and discard bones and skin, if desired. Add cereal, onion, celery, eggs, lemon juice and pepper. Mix well. Shape into patties.
2. Coat large non-stick skillet with cooking spray. Place over medium heat. Add patties and cook about 4 minutes on each side, or until browned. Serve hot with Mustard Sauce).
3. Mustard Sauce: In small bowl, mix together sour cream, mayonnaise, mustard and dill. Keep refrigerated until serving.
† Since product formulation vary from one brand to another, be sure to always read the ingredient listings to be sure that the brands you selected are gluten free.
In keeping with good allergy practices, we remind you to be aware of allergens and to check labels on any packaged goods used. This recipe has been tested using Kellogg's* products. Results with other products may vary.