Rice Krispies* Reindeer Pops
- 50 ml or 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 L or 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 175 ml or 3/4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 50 ml or 1/4 cup honey
- 1.25 L or 5 cups Rice Krispies* cereal
- 4 bars or 100 g / bar Dove® Milk Chocolate or Dark Chocolate, melted
- M&M'S® Holiday Mix candies
- Alphabet pretzels
- Candy or lollypop sticks
1. Melt butter in a large saucepan over low heat. Add marshmallows and peanut butter; stir until completely melted. Add cereal; stir until coated.
2. Working quickly, with damp hands, form 50 ml (1/4 cup) portions into firmly packed round balls. Insert a candy stick into each ball.
3. Dip each ball into melted chocolate; gently tap the stick on side of bowl to remove excess.
4. To make antlers, place two matching letters, such as E's, K's, or X's, on top of each ball. Use M&M'S® chocolate candy to represent eyes and a nose.
5. Chill until set then wrap in plastic and tie with a ribbon. Arrange pops upright in a jar or bowl filled with M&M'S® chocolate candies
1. Pierce a block of Styrofoam and insert the dipped pops. It will keep them upright while the chocolate sets.
2. Use leftover melted chocolate to re-attach antlers that are less secure.
3. Use a greased, 50 ml (1/4 cup) dry measure to portion out the peanut butter mixture. Makes about 24 pops.
In keeping with good allergy practices, we remind you to be aware of allergens and to check labels on any packaged goods used. This recipe has been tested using Kellogg's* products. Results with other products may vary.