Rice Krispies On a Stick Inspired by Ladoo
- 50 ml or 1/4 cup margarine or butter
- food colouring (optional)
- 1.5 L or 6 cups Rice Krispies* Cereal
- 12 wooden ice cream sticks
- flaked coconut
- multi-coloured sprinkles
- semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
- 1 pkg 250 g (about 40) regular or 5 cups (1.25 ml) miniature marshmallows
1. In large saucepan, melt margarine over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat. Stir in a few drops of food colouring, if desired.
2. Add cereal. Stir until well coated.
3. Using 125 ml (1/2 cup) measuring cup coated with cooking spray, divide warm cereal mixture into 12 portions. Using lightly greased hands, form into balls. Cool. Insert stick into each ball. Decorate with coconut, sprinkles and/or melted chocolate. Best if served the same day.
4. Microwave Method: In microwave-safe bowl heat butter and marshmallows on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Stir in a few drops of food colouring, if desired. Continue with recipe as directed above. Microwave cooking times may vary.
Tips: Store no more than 2 days at room temperature in airtight container. To freeze, place in single layer on wax paper, in airtight container. Freeze for up to 6 weeks. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving.
In keeping with good allergy practices, we remind you to be aware of allergens and to check labels on any packaged goods used. This recipe has been tested using Kellogg's* products. Results with other products may vary.