Rice Krispies* Mint Brownies
- ½ cup or 125 mL butter, melted
- ½ cup or 125 mL lightly packed brown sugar
- ½ cup or 125 mL granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup or 125 mL all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup or 75 mL cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp or 1 mL baking soda
- 8 to 10 TURTLES®, chopped
- Top Layer:
- ¼ cup or 60 mL butter
- 25 regular marshmallows
- 1 tbsp or 15 mL cocoa powder (optional)
- 3 cups or 750 mL Rice Krispies* cereal
- 20 AFTER EIGHT® mints
1. Pre-heat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line an 8-inch (23cm) metal baking pan with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, combine butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, eggs, flour, cocoa powder and baking soda. Fold in TURTLES®. Pour batter into prepared baking pan and spread evenly. Bake for 25 minutes.
3. Top layer: Wait until brownies have been baking 15 minutes to prepare the top layer. In a large heavy bottom pot, combine butter, marshmallows and cocoa powder (if using). Cook over medium-low heat and stir until completely melted. Add Rice Krispies® cereal. Stir until evenly coated.
4. When brownie layer is cooked, remove from oven and gently press the Rice Krispie® layer over the baked brownie base as evenly as possible. Flatten layer with the back of a spoon. Place the AFTER EIGHT® mints on top, slightly overlapping until top is covered. Return pan to oven and bake for 3 minutes Remove from oven and cool completely. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
5. Cut into square and enjoy!
In keeping with good allergy practices, we remind you to be aware of allergens and to check labels on any packaged goods. This recipe has been tested using Kellogg's* products. Results with other products may vary.T
RADEMARK OWNER / PROPRIÉTAIRE DES MARQUES: SOCIÉTÉ DES PRODUITS NESTLÉ S.A., VEVEY, SWITZERLAND / SUISSE. LICENSEE / LICENCIÉ: NESTLÉ CANADA INC., NORTH YORK, ON M2N 6S8