Raspberry Streusel Bars
- 1.5 L (6 cups) Rice Krispies* cereal
- 375 mL (1 1/2 cups) all-purpose flour
- 75 mL (1/3 cup) granulated sugar
- 75 mL (1/3 cup) margarine or butter
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) golden corn syrup
- 1 can (540 mL/19 oz) raspberry pie filling
1. In large bowl, mix together crushed cereal, flour, sugar, margarine and corn syrup. Remove 250 mL (1 cup); set aside for topping. Press remaining cereal in 33 x 23 cm (13 x 9-inch) baking pan coated with cooking spray.
2. Bake crust at 180°C (350°F) about 12 minutes, or until lightly browned. Spread raspberry filling over hot crust. Sprinkle with topping mixture. Return to oven and bake 20 minutes longer. Cool completely on wire rack before cutting into bars.
Food Processor Method: Place uncrushed cereal and all ingredients, except filling in food processor. Process about 30 seconds until mixture is crumbly. Continue as above.
YIELD: 24 bars
In keeping with good allergy practices, we remind you to be aware of allergens and to check labels on any packaged goods used. This recipe has been tested using Kellogg's* products. Results with other products may vary.