Quick Savoury Meatloaf
- 1 egg
- 500 mL (2 cups) Rice Krispies* cereal
- 175 mL (3/4 cup) 2% milk
- 75 ml (1/3 cup) finely chopped onion
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) Worcestershire sauce
- 5 mL (1 tbsp) each: salt and dry mustard
- 0.5 mL (1/8 tsp) pepper
- 750 g ( 1 1/2 lbs) lean ground beef
- 1 can (284mL/10oz) condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) red wine
1. In large bowl, beat egg slightly. Stir in cereal, milk, onion, Worcestershire, salt, mustard and pepper. Let stand about 5 minutes, until cereal softens. Beat well.
2. Add ground beef; mix well. Shape into loaf. Place in shallow foil-lined baking pan coated with cooking spray.
3. Bake at 180°C (350°F) about 45 minutes or until cooked in centre. Serve with Mushroom Sauce.
4. Mushroom Sauce: In medium saucepan over low heat (or in microwave), heat mushroom soup and wine, stirring frequently, until mixture boils. Spoon sauce over sliced meatloaf.
Whenever cooking with raw meats, ensure safe internal temperature is reached.
In keeping with good allergy practices, we remind you to be aware of allergens and to check labels on any packaged goods used. This recipe has been tested using Kellogg's* products. Results with other products may vary.