Prep Time: 20 min
- 50 mL or 1/4 cup margarine or butter
- 250 g or 1 pkg (about 40) regular marshmallows or 5 cups miniature
- 1.5 L or 6 cups Rice Krispies* cereal
- 2 mL or 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- Miniature Marshmallows
- In large microwave safe bowl, melt margarine and marshmallows on HIGH for about 2 minutes, stirring after 1 minute.
- Stir vanilla and orange food colouring into mixture until smooth.
- Add Kellogg's* Rice Krispies* cereal, stirring until well coated.
- Shape half cup of mixture into ball.
- Create face features with miniature marshmallows, candies or frosting.
- Use green string licorice for the stem. Best if served same day.
Stove Top Method:
- Melt margarine in large saucepan over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Follow steps 2 and 3 above.
In keeping with good allergy practices, we remind you to be aware of allergens and to check labels on any packaged goods used. This recipe has been tested using Kellogg’s* products. Results with other products may vary.