Peanut Butter Chocolate Chews
- 50 mL or 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 50 mL or 1/4 cup golden corn syrup
- 50 mL or 1/4 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 375 mL or 1 1/2 cups Rice Krispies* with Vanilla Flavour cereal
- 175 mL or 3/4 cup semi-sweet or milk chocolate chips
- Combine sugar, corn syrup and peanut butter in large saucepan. Heat over medium heat, about 1 minute, stirring to dissolve sugar.
- Remove from heat; immediately stir in crushed cereal. Press into 20 cm (8-inch) square baking pan lined on bottom and two sides with foil. Alternately, press about 10 mL (2 tsp) mixture into small candy papers in 4.5 cm (1 3/4-inch) diameter mini muffin/tart pan.
- Melt chocolate in medium bowl in microwave or over saucepan of boiling water. Stir until smooth. Spread over mixture in pan, or spoon 5 mL (1 tsp) over top in each cup.
- Let cool to set chocolate. Lift out of pan, remove foil and cut into small bars. Store in covered container up to one week.
YIELD: 24 bars or cups
In keeping with good allergy practices, we remind you to be aware of allergens and to check labels on any packaged goods used. This recipe has been tested using Kellogg’s* products. Results with other products may vary.