PB Chocolate Chews
- 50 ml or 1/4 cup Packed brown sugar
- 50 ml or 1/4 cup Golden corn syrup
- 50 ml or 1/4 cup Crunchy peanut butter
- 375 ml or 1 1/2 cup Rice Krispies* Brown Rice Gluten-Free cereal
- 175 ml or 3/4 cup Semi-sweet or milk chocolate chips
1. Combine sugar, corn syrup and peanut butter in large saucepan. Heat over medium heat, about 1 minute, stirring to dissolve sugar.
2. Remove from heat; immediately stir in cereal. Press into 20 cm (8-inch) square baking pan lined on bottom and two sides with foil.
3. Melt chocolate in medium bowl in microwave or over saucepan of boiling water. Stir until smooth. Spread evenly over mixture in pan.
4. Let cool to set chocolate. Lift out of pan, remove foil and cut into small bars. Store in covered container up to one week.
Alternately, press about 10 ml (2 tsp) mixture into small candy paper liners in 4.5 cm (1 3/4-inch) diameter mini muffin pan and spoon 5 ml (1 tsp) of the melted chocolate over top in each cup.
† Since product formulation vary from one brand to another, be sure to always read the ingredient listings to be sure that the brands you selected are gluten free.
In keeping with good allergy practices, we remind you to be aware of allergens and to check labels on any packaged goods used. This recipe has been tested using Kellogg's* products. Results with other products may vary.