Prep Time: 20 min
- 750 mL (3 cups) Rice Krispies* cereal (crushed)
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) grated Parmesean cheese)
- 5 mL (1 tsp) dried basil
- 2 mL (1/2 tsp) dried oregano
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) melted margarine or butter
- 1 egg or 2 egg whites
- 75 mL (1/3 cup) 2% milk
- 75 mL (1/3 cup) all-purpose flour
- 2 mL (1/2 tsp) salt
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts about (1 kg/2lbs)
1. In large plate or shallow pan, combine crushed cereal, parmesan cheese and herbs. Stir in melted margarine.
2. In medium bowl, beat egg whites and milk slightly. Stir in flour and salt; mix until smooth. Dip chicken in batter, then coat with cereal mixture. Place in single layer on foil-lined baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray.
3. Bake at 180°C (350°F) about 35 minutes or until no longer pink in centre. (Do not cover or turn chicken while cooking).
YIELD: 6 servings.
Whenever cooking with raw meats, ensure safe internal temperature is reached.
In keeping with good allergy practices, we remind you to be aware of allergens and to check labels on any packaged goods used. This recipe has been tested using Kellogg's* products. Results with other products may vary.