Parmesan Chicken (Gluten-Free Version)
- 750 ml or 3 cups Rice Krispies* Brown Rice Gluten-Free cereal
- 125 ml or 1/2 cup Grated Parmesan cheese
- 5 ml or 1 tsp Dried basil
- 2 ml or 1/2 tsp Dried oregano
- 30 ml or 2 tbsp Melted butter
- 1 Egg
- 75 ml or 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 50 ml or 1/4 cup Rice flour
- 2 ml or 1/2 tsp salt
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 500 ml or 2 cups Pasta sauce
- 250 ml or 1 cup Shredded mozzarella
- 50 ml or 1/4 cup Freshly chopped parsley
1. In large plate or shallow pan, combine crushed cereal, Parmesan, basil and oregano.
2. In medium bowl, whisk egg and milk together until well combined. Whisk in flour and salt; mix until smooth. Dip chicken in batter, then coat with cereal mixture, pressing until completely coated. Place in single layer on foil-lined baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray.
3. Bake at 180°C (350°F) about 35 minutes or until no longer pink in centre. (Do not cover or turn chicken while cooking).
4. Spread half of the pasta sauce into a 33 x 23 cm (13 x 9-inch) casserole dish. Arrange cooked chicken into dish and cover with remaining pasta sauce and sprinkle with cheese. Return to the oven and bake until the sauce is bubbling and cheese is melted and golden, about 20 minutes.
Whenever cooking with raw meats, ensure safe internal temperature is reached.
† Since product formulation vary from one brand to another, be sure to always read the ingredient listings to be sure that the brands you selected are gluten free.
In keeping with good allergy practices, we remind you to be aware of allergens and to check labels on any packaged goods used. This recipe has been tested using Kellogg's* products. Results with other products may vary.