Pack-and-Go Cereal Bars
- 375 mL or 1-1/2 cups Rice Krispies* cereal
- 375 mL or 1-1/2 cups Kellogg's Corn Flakes* cereal
- 375 mL or 1-1/2 cups Crispix* Krispies* cereal
- 500 mL or 2 cups mixed dried berry fruit or trail mix
- 125 mL or 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 150 mL or 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 75 mL or 1/3 cup butter
- 75 mL or 1/3 cup corn syrup
- 50 mL or 1/4 cup liquid honey
- 1 mL or 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 mL or 1/4 tsp vanilla
1. In large heatproof bowl, stir together Rice Krispies*, Kellogg's Corn Flakes*, Crispix Krispies*, dried berry fruit mix and coconut.
2. In saucepan, bring brown sugar, butter, corn syrup, honey and salt to boil over medium-high heat, stirring often; boil, stirring constantly, until foamy, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla. Let stand for 1 minute. Pour over cereal mixture, stirring to coat evenly.
3. Scrape into parchment paper-lined or greased 13- x 9-inch (3 1/2 L) metal cake pan. Using greased spatula, press firmly into even layer. Let cool completely. Cut into bars.
YIELD: 24 bars
In keeping with good allergy practices, we remind you to be aware of allergens and to check labels on any packaged goods used. This recipe has been tested using Kellogg's* products. Results with other products may vary.