Sweet and Sour Chicken Tenders
Prep Time: 20 min
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) orange marmalade
- 30 mL (2tbsp) soy sauce
- 2 mL (1/2 tsp) ground ginger
- 1 mL (1/4 tsp) garlic powder
- 500 g (1 lb) boneless chicken breast fillets (tenders)
- 750 mL (3 cups) Rice Krispies* cereal (crushed)
- 50 mL (1/4 cup) toasted sesame seeds
1. In large zip top plastic bag, combine marmalade, soy sauce, ginger and garlic powder. Add chicken fillets; seal top. Marinate in refrigerator 1 hour.
2. In large plate or shallow pan, mix together crushed cereal and sesame seeds. Remove chicken from marinade; drain off excess. Discard marinade. Coat chicken in cereal mixture. Place in single layer on foil-lined baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
3. Bake at 200°C (400°F) about 20 minutes or until no longer pink inside. (Do not cover or turn chicken while cooking.) Serve hot with honey mustard or sweet and sour sauce, if desired.
YIELD: 4 servings.
Whenever cooking with raw meats, ensure safe internal temperature is reached.
In keeping with good allergy practices, we remind you to be aware of allergens and to check labels on any packaged goods used. This recipe has been tested using Kellogg's* products. Results with other products may vary.