Oh Krispies* Tree, Oh Krispies* Tree!
- 175 ml (3/4 cup) butter or margarine
- 3.75 L (15 cups) miniature marshmallows or 3 pkg (250 g each)
- 7 ml (1 1/2 tsp) vanilla extract
- 4.5 L (18 cups) Rice Krispies* cereal
- Prepared whipped vanilla frosting
- M&M'S® Milk Chocolate, Mint and Peanut Holiday Mix candies
1. Grease two 11 x 17-inch (45 x 29 cm) rimmed baking sheets; set aside. Prepare the Rice Krispies* Squares recipe according to preferred method (in batches as needed). Firmly press 1 1/2 batches of the mixture onto each prepared baking sheet; chill sheets until firm.
2. Cut a 20 cm (8-inch) square and an 18 cm (7-inch) square from one sheet. Cut a 15 cm (6-inch) square, two 12 cm (5-inch) squares, two 10 cm (4-inch) squares, two 8 cm (3-inch) squares, one 5 cm (2-inch) square from the second sheet. Use a cookie cutter, to cut a star from the excess treats. Reserve any excess treats for another use.
3. Arrange the squares, largest to smallest, alternating angles so points stick out, on a cake stand, platter or cake board. Secure the star vertically on top of the tree with a skewer.
4. Use frosting as desired to decorate and secure the M&M'S® chocolate candies onto the tree in a decorative pattern.
Yield: 1 Christmas tree (about 25 cm/10-inch tall).
1. Frost the tops or pipe around the edges of the layers with frosting before stacking. Tint the frosting red or green (if desired).
2. To firmly pack the Rice Krispies* and provide better structure, lightly grease the back of a 250 mL (1 cup) dry measure and use the flat side to pack the Rice Krispies* layers smoothly on the baking sheets.
In keeping with good allergy practices, we remind you to be aware of allergens and to check labels on any packaged goods used. This recipe has been tested using Kellogg's* products. Results with other products may vary.