Mother's Day Garden
- 50 ml or 1/4 cup margarine or butter
- 1 pkg 250 g (about 40) regular or 5 cups (1.25 ml) miniature marshmallows
- 1.5 L or 6 cups Rice Krispies*cereal
- Fresh fruit such as: strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, pineapple, kiwifruit, sliced apples
- Canned icing or decorating gel
- Food colouring
1.In large saucepan, melt margarine over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
2.Add cereal. Stir until well coated.
3.Using a lightly buttered spatula or wax paper, evenly press mixture into 33 x 23 cm (13 x 9-inch) pan coated with cooking spray. Cool. Cut fruits into flower shapes and arrange on top with berries. Colour icing with food colouring to make green stems, leaves and grass. Cut into 5 cm (2-inch) squares. Serve the same day.
4.MICROWAVE METHOD: In microwave-safe bowl, heat margarine and marshmallows on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Follow steps 2 and 3 above. Microwave cooking times may vary.
In keeping with good allergy practices, we remind you to be aware of allergens and to check labels on any packaged goods used. This recipe has been tested using Kellogg's* products. Results with other products may vary.