- 50 mL (1/4 cup) margarine or butter
- 250 g (1 pkg) (about 40) regular marshmallows or 5 cups miniature
- 2 mL (1/2 tsp) vanilla extract (optional)
- 1.5 mL (6 cups) Rice Krispies* cereal
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) peanut butter
1. In a large microwave safe bowl, heat margarine and marshmallows at HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes.
2. Mix peanut butter and vanilla into marshmallow mixture.
3. Stir in vanilla and Kellogg's* Rice Krispies* cereal until well coated. Shape mixture into 13 10 cm balls.
4. Use prepared chocolate frosting to pipe on markings and stitching. Best if served the same day.
Stove Top Method:
Melt margarine in large saucepan over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Follow steps 2 and 3 above.
In keeping with good allergy practices, we remind you to be aware of allergens and to check labels on any packaged goods used. This recipe has been tested using Kellogg's* products. Results with other products may vary.