Prep Time: 20 min
- 50 mL (1/4 cup) margarine or butter
- 250 g (1 pkg) (about 40) regular marshmallows or 5 cups miniature
- 2 mL (1/2 tsp) vanilla extract (optional)
- 1.5 mL (6 cups) Rice Krispies* cereal
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) peanut butter
- In a large microwave safe bowl, heat margarine and marshmallows at HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes.
- Mix peanut butter and vanilla into marshmallow mixture.
- Sir in vanilla and Kellogg's* Rice Krispies* cereal until well coated. Shape mixture into 13 10 cm balls.
- Use prepared chocolate frosting to pipe on markings and stitching. Best if served the same day.
Stove Top Method:
- Melt margarine in large saucepan over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Follow steps 2 and 3 above.
In keeping with good allergy practices, we remind you to be aware of allergens and to check labels on any packaged goods used. This recipe has been tested using Kellogg’s* products. Results with other products may vary.