Lunchbox Coconut Surprise
Prep Time: 10 min
- 250 mL or 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 125 mL or 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 125 mL or 1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 1 L or 4 cups Rice Krispies* cereal
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- Line 2 L (8") square baking pan with foil or waxed paper; lightly grease bottom and sides.
In large mixing bowl, combine crushed cereal, chocolate chips, coconuts and nuts. Add condensed milk and mix well. Spread evenly in prepared pan.
- Bake at 180°C (350°F) for metal pans or 160°C (325°F) for glass pans, 25-30 minutes or until top is just golden (do not over-bake). Cool 10 minutes. Turn out and remove foil or paper. Cool completely on rack.
- Cut into bars or use cookie cutters for interesting shapes.
- Store covered at room temperature.
YIELD: About 24 (2" x 1") bars
In keeping with good allergy practices, we remind you to be aware of allergens and to check labels on any packaged goods used. This recipe has been tested using Kellogg's* products. Results with other products may vary.