Lunchbox Coconut Surprise (Gluten-Free version)
- 1 L or 4 cups Rice Krispies* Brown Rice Gluten-Free cereal
- 125 ml or 1/2 cup Shredded coconut
- 125 ml or 1/2 cup Chopped pecans (optional)
- 1 can Sweetened condensed milk
1. Line 2 L (8") square baking pan with foil or waxed paper; lightly grease bottom and sides.
2. In large mixing bowl, combine crushed cereal, coconut and pecans. Add condensed milk and mix well. Spread evenly in prepared pan.
3. Bake at 180°C (350°F) for metals pans or 160°C (325°F) for glass pans, 25-30 minutes or until top is just golden (do not over-bake). Cool 10 minutes. Turn out and remove foil or paper. Cool completely on rack.
4. Cut into bars or use cookie cutters for interesting shapes. Store covered at room temperature.
† Since product formulation vary from one brand to another, be sure to always read the ingredient listings to be sure that the brands you selected are gluten free.
In keeping with good allergy practices, we remind you to be aware of allergens and to check labels on any packaged goods used. This recipe has been tested using Kellogg's* products. Results with other products may vary.