Lucky Shamrock Treats
- 50 ml or 1/4 cup margarine or butter
- 1 pkg 250 g (about 40) regular or 5 cups (1.25 ml) miniature marshmallows
- 1.5 L or 6 cups Rice Krispies* cereal
- Canned icing or decorating gel
- Green sprinkles
1.In large saucepan, melt margarine over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
2.Add cereal. Stir until well coated.
3.Using a lightly buttered spatula or wax paper, evenly press mixture into 33 x 23 cm (13 x 9-inch) pan coated with cooking spray. Cool slightly. Using cookie cutter coated with cooking spray cut into shamrocks. Decorate with icing and green sprinkles, if desired. Best if served the same day.
1. In microwave-safe bowl heat butter and marshmallows on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Follow steps 2 and 3 above. Microwave cooking times may vary.
Tips: Store no more than 2 days at room temperature in airtight container. To freeze, place in layers separated by wax paper, in airtight container. Freeze for up to 6 weeks. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving.
In keeping with good allergy practices, we remind you to be aware of allergens and to check labels on any packaged goods used. This recipe has been tested using Kellogg's* products. Results with other products may vary.