Lime Baked Fish
Prep Time: 20 min
- 500 mL (2 cups) Rice Krispies* cereal (crushed)
- 50 mL (1/4 cup) finely chopped almonds
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) chopped fresh parsley
- 50 ml (1/4 cup) all-purpose flour
- 2 egg whites or 1 egg
- 45 mL (3 tbsp) lime juice
- 1 mL (1/4 cup) each: salt and ground ginger
- 2 mL (2 tsp) seasoned pepper
- 500 g (1 lb) fish fillers (such as talapia, sole or haddock)
1. In large plate or shallow pan, mix together crushed cereal, almonds and parsley. Place flour on second plate.
2. In small bowl, mix together egg whites, 30 mL (2 tbsp) of the lime juice, salt and seasonings.
3. Dip fish in flour, shaking off excess. Dip in egg mixture, draining slightly, then coat with cereal mixture. Place in single layer on foil-lined baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray. Drizzle with remaining lime juice.
4. Bake at 200°C (400°F) about 15 minutes or until fish flakes in thickest part, when tested with fork.
NOTES: Whenever cooking with raw meats, ensure safe internal temperature is reached.
In keeping with good allergy practices, we remind you to be aware of allergens and to check labels on any packaged goods used. This recipe has been tested using Kellogg's* products. Results with other products may vary.