Lime Baked Fish
- 500 ml or 2 cups Rice Krispies* Brown Rice Gluten-Free cereal
- 50 ml or 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 15 ml or 1 tbsp Chopped fresh parsley
- 50 ml or 1/4 cup Rice flour
- 1 Egg
- 30 ml or 2 tbsp Lime juice
- 2 ml or 1/2 tsp Each, salt and ground ginger
- 5 ml or 1 tsp Fresh cracked pepper
- 500 g or 1 lb fish fillets (such as tilapia, sole or haddock)
1. In large plate or shallow pan, mix together crushed cereal, almonds and parsley. Place flour or second plate.
2. In small bowl, whisk together, eggs, lime juice, salt, ginger, and pepper.
3. Dip fish in flour, shaking off excess. Dip in egg mixture, draining slightly, then coat with cereal mixture, pressing to coat completely. Place in single layer on foil-lined baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray.
4. Bake at 200°C (400°F) about 15 minutes or until fish flakes in thickest part, when tested with fork. Serve with lime wedges and rice pilaf if desired.
Whenever cooking with raw meats, ensure safe internal temperature is reached.
† Since product formulation vary from one brand to another, be sure to always read the ingredient listings to be sure that the brands you selected are gluten free.
In keeping with good allergy practices, we remind you to be aware of allergens and to check labels on any packaged goods used. This recipe has been tested using Kellogg's* products. Results with other products may vary.