Lemon Chiffon Dessert
Prep Time: 20 min
- 750 mL (3 cups) Rice Krispies* cereal
- 50 mL (1/4 cup) firmly-packed brown sugar
- 75 mL (1/3 cup) butter melted
- 212 g (1 pkg) Lemon Pie
- 2 eggs separated
- 75 mL (1/3 cup) cold water
- 425 mL (1 3/4 cup) boiling water
- 15 mL (1 tbsp) butter
- 50 mL (1/4 cup) granulated sugar
1. Crush cereal to 250 ml (1 cup). Combine with brown sugar and 75 mL (1/3 cup) butter, mixing well. Reserve 50 ml (1/4 cup) crumbs. Press remainder evenly into bottom of 20 cm (8") springform pan ( or 23 cm (9") pie plate ) to form crust. Bake at 180°C (350°F) 7 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool.
2. Prepare dessert mix according to package directions, except reduce boiling water to 425 ml (1 3/4 cups). Cool 3 minutes, stirring twice. Meanwhile, beat egg whites until soft peaks form; gradually add sugar, beating until peaks are stiff but not dry.
3. Pour half of the filling onto crust. Gently fold remainder into egg whites. Spread over first layer; sprinkle with reserved crumbs. Chill about 3 hours. Refrigerate leftovers.
In keeping with good allergy practices, we remind you to be aware of allergens and to check labels on any packaged goods used. This recipe has been tested using Kellogg's* products. Results with other products may vary.