Lemon Chiffon Dessert
- 750 ml or 3 cups Rice Krispies* Brown Rice Gluten-Free cereal
- 50 ml or 1/4 cup Packed brown sugar
- 75 ml or 1/3 cup Butter melted
- 212 g or 1 pkg Lemon pie filling
- 2 Eggs, separated
- 75 ml or 1/3 cup Cold water
- 425 ml or 1 3/4 cup Boiling water
- 15 ml or 1 tbsp Butter
- 50 ml or 1/4 cup Granulated sugar
1. Crush cereal to 250 ml (1 cup). Combine with brown sugar and butter, mixing well. Reserve 50 ml (1/4 cup) crumbs. Press remainder evenly into bottom of 20 cm (8") spring-form pan to form crust. Bake at 180°C (350°F) 7 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool.
2. Prepare pie filling according to package directions, except reduce boiling water to 425 ml (1 3/4 cups). Cool 3 minutes, stirring twice.
3. Meanwhile, beat egg whites until soft peaks form; gradually add sugar, beating until peaks are stiff but not dry, about 3 minutes.
4. Pour half of the filling onto crust. Gently fold remainder into white eggs. Spread over first layer; sprinkle with reserved crumbs. Chill about 3 hours. Remove outside ring. Slice and serve cold.
† Since product formulation vary from one brand to another, be sure to always read the ingredient listings to be sure that the brands you selected are gluten free.
In keeping with good allergy practices, we remind you to be aware of allergens and to check labels on any packaged goods used. This recipe has been tested using Kellogg's* products. Results with other products may vary.