Lacy Oat Crispy Cookies (Gluten-Free version)
- 125 ml or 1/2 cup Butter, room temperature
- 125 ml or 1/2 cup Sugar
- 125 ml or 1/2 cup Packed brown sugar
- 1 Egg
- 2 ml or 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- 300 ml or 1 1/4 cup Rice Krispies* Brown Rice Gluten-Free cereal
- 300 ml or 1 1/4 cup Gluten Free Oats
- 125 ml or 1/2 cup Coconut
- 45 ml or 3 tbsp Rice flour
- 2 ml or 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1 ml or 1/4 tsp Salt
1. In a stand mixer or with a hand mixer, cream butter and both sugars together until well blended. Add egg and vanilla then beat until smooth. Stir in Rice Krispies* cereal, oats, coconut, flour, baking soda and salt.
2. Scoop batter (10 ml/ 2 tsp per cookie) onto a parchment lined baking sheet, 6 cookies per sheet (they really spread out). Press down lightly with a fork dipped in water. Bake in the center of a 180°C (350°F) for 8 to 10 minutes or until light brown.
3. Let cool on pan for 2 minutes, then use spatula to carefully move each cookie to a cooling rack.
These are a perfect after school snack for kids (and moms). With simple pantry staples like oats, coconut and Rice Krispies* cereal and a quick prep time, they're easy to be popular. Using a tall, thin cello bag and festive ribbon, these cookies dress up quickly as a teacher's gift or a casual host gift for a family gathering. It's important to use parchment paper to prevent these cookies from sticking (greasing the pan won't do the trick). Makes 24. This recipe can easily be doubled.
† Since product formulation vary from one brand to another, be sure to always read the ingredient listings to be sure that the brands you selected are gluten free.
In keeping with good allergy practices, we remind you to be aware of allergens and to check labels on any packaged goods used. This recipe has been tested using Kellogg's* products. Results with other products may vary.