Krispie Baked Pears with Chocolate (Custard) Sauce
- 1-1/2 cup (375 mL) Rice Krispies* cereal
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) liquid honey
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) lemon juice
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) margarine or butter melted
- 1/8 tsp (0.5 mL) ground nutmeg or ginger
- 3 large firm ripe pears
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) chocolate sauce
1. Place crushed cereal in large plate or shallow pan.
2. In small bowl, mix together honey, lemon juice, margarine and nutmeg. Peel pears, cut in half and remove cores. Dip pears in honey mixture then roll in cereal. Place pears in single layer in shallow dish coated with cooking spray.
3. Bake at 200°C (400°F) about 35 minutes or until tender. Drizzle serving plates with about 30 mL (2 tbsp) chocolate sauce. Place warm pear halves on top. May also be served with Devon custard.
YIELD: 6 servings.
In keeping with good allergy practices, we remind you to be aware of allergens and to check labels on any packaged goods used. This recipe has been tested using Kellogg's* products. Results with other products may vary.