Prep Time: 20 min
- 50 mL (1/4 cup) margarine or butter
- 250 g (1 pkg) (about 40) regular marshmallows or 5 cups miniature
- 2 mL (1/2 tsp) vanilla extract (optional)
- 1.5 L (6 cups) Rice Krispies* cereal
- Prepared frosting fruit flavoured candy strips
- Candy sprinkles
- String licorice
- In large microwave safe bowl, melt margarine and marshmallows on HIGH for about 2 minutes, stirring after 1 minute. Stir mixture until smooth.
- Stir in vanilla. Add Kellogg's* Rice Krispies* cereal, stirring until well coated. Spread cereal mixture into a buttered 3.5 L (13 x 9") pan. Allow to cool. Cut into kite shapes.
- Decorate kites with frosting and candy sprinkles. Use string licorice for tails and fruit flavoured candy strips as ribbons.
Stove Top Method:
- Melt margarine in large saucepan over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Follow steps 2 and 3 above.
In keeping with good allergy practices, we remind you to be aware of allergens and to check labels on any packaged goods used. This recipe has been tested using Kellogg’s* products. Results with other products may vary.