Holiday Tree Pops
Kids of all ages will enjoy making and eating these holiday tree pops.
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) butter
- 5 cups (1.25 L) mini marshmallows
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla extract
- 6 cups (1.5 L) Rice Krispies* Holiday Edition Cereal
- 16 (2-inch/5 cm long pieces) candy cane pieces
- 2 oz (60 g) white chocolate, chopped
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) coloured sprinkles
1. Grease two 8-inch (20 cm) round cake pans. Melt butter in large saucepan set over low heat; add marshmallows. Cook, stirring, for 8 to 10 minutes or until completely melted. Stir in vanilla. Remove from heat.
2. Immediately stir in cereal until coated. Using wet hands or buttered spatula, spread evenly into each prepared pan. Let cool completely. Use a paring knife to loosen the sides of the Rice Krispies* mixture from pans; flip each pan upside down over a cutting board and tap pan to remove Rice Krispies* mixture in one piece. Cut into 8 wedges to make 16 holiday trees. Insert piece of candy cane into base of each tree to resemble tree trunk.
3. Place white chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over a saucepan of gently simmering water. Stir occasionally; heat until melted. Cool for 10 to 15 minutes.
4. Spoon melted chocolate into piping bag fitted with small round tip or into resealable bag with corner snipped.
5. Drizzle melted chocolate over each tree; decorate with sprinkles. Let stand for about 15 to 20 minutes or until chocolate sets. Store in airtight container.
Alternatively use pretzel sticks for tree trunks.
In keeping with good allergy practices, we remind you to be aware of allergens and to check labels on any packaged goods used. This recipe has been tested using Kellogg's* products. Results with other products may vary.