Holiday Reindeer Pops
These pops are a cute addition to any holiday cookie platter. They are also a fun treat to make with the kids to leave out for Santa on Christmas Eve.
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) butter
- 4 cups (1 L) mini marshmallows
- 2 tsp (10 mL) vanilla extract
- 2 oz (60 g) chocolate chips
- 12 round red candies
- 24 candy eyes
- 12 small craft sticks
- 6 cups (1.5 L) Original Rice Krispies
1. Grease a 9-inch (2 1/2 L) square pan. Melt butter in large saucepan set over low heat; add marshmallows. Stir for 8 to 10 minutes or until completely melted. Stir in vanilla. Remove from heat.
2. Immediately stir in cereal until coated. Using wet hands or buttered spatula, spread mixture evenly into pan. Let cool completely. Cut into 12 bars.
3. Meanwhile, place chocolate chips in a heatproof bowl set over a saucepan of gently simmering water. Stir occasionally; heat until melted. cool for 10 to 15 minutes.
4. Insert craft stick into bottom of each bar. Spoon melted chocolate into piping bag fitted with small round tip or into resealable bag with corner snipped.
5. Pipe small dot of chocolate on back of round red candies and centre on bottom third of bar for reindeer's nose. Pipe small dots of chocolate on back of candy eyes and centre above nose. Pipe chocolate above eyes to resemble reindeer's antlers. Let stand until chocolate sets. Let sit until firm, about 20 to 30 minutes. Store in airtight container.
Substitute dark chocolate chips for milk chocolate chips if desired.
In keeping with good allergy practices, we remind you to be aware of allergens and to check labels on any packaged goods used. This recipe has been tested using Kellogg's* products. Results with other products may vary.