- 50 mL or 1/4 cup margarine or butter
- 250 g or 1 pkg (about 40) regular marshmallows or 5 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1.5 L or 6 cups Rice Krispies* cereal
- Candies, fruit-flavoured candy strips, string licorice, candy sprinkles, jelly or icing
1. Regular Method:
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt margarine or butter and marshmallows in a microwave set on HIGH for 2 minutes, stirring after 1 minute.
- Stir until mixture is smooth.
- Add Kellogg's* Rice Krispies* cereal, stirring until well coated.
- When slightly cooled, shape cereal mixture into gift shapes using cookie cutters or buttered hands.
- Place on waxed paper or a surface coated with cooking spray. Allow to cool.
- Decorate with candies, or other Kellogg's* cereals.
- For ribbon use fruit-flavoured candy strips or licorice. Use sprinkles as desired and jelly or icing to attach decorations.
YIELD: 8-12 presents
In keeping with good allergy practices, we remind you to be aware of allergens and to check labels on any packaged goods used. This recipe has been tested using Kellogg’s* products. Results with other products may vary.