Prep Time: 15 min
Total Time: 20 min
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) butter
- 5 cups (1.25 L) mini marshmallows (or 40/250 g pkg regular marshmallows)
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) vanilla extract (optional)
- 6 cups (1.5 L) Rice Krispies* cereal
- 7 oz (210 g) white chocolate, melted
- Festive sprinkles, candies, and assorted decorations
- Coloured icing tubes, for decorating
- Lollipop sticks
Kids will love helping to make – and eat – these holiday pops, which are also perfect for gift-giving.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
1. Grease 13- x 9-inch (3.5 L) pan. Melt butter in large saucepan set over low heat; add marshmallows, stirring for 3 to 5 minutes or until completely melted. Stir in vanilla. Remove from heat.
2. Immediately stir in cereal until coated. Scrape into prepared pan; using wet hands or buttered spatula, spread evenly. Let cool completely. Cut into twelve 4- x 2-inch (10 x 5 cm) bars. Insert lollipop stick into each bar.
3. Melt white chocolate chips in medium bowl in microwave or over saucepan of boiling water. Stir until smooth.
4. Dip half of bar into melted chocolate, allowing excess chocolate to drip back into bowl.
5. Decorate with sprinkles and candies; drizzle with coloured icing. Let set on parchment paper–lined baking sheet.
• For Candy Cane Pops: Drizzle with red icing and sprinkle with crushed candy canes.
• For gift-giving, tie lollipop sticks with ribbon and package in cellophane or mini cake boxes.
• Alternatively, substitute red or green candy melts for white chocolate.
• Substitute 40 (250 g pkg) regular marshmallows for mini marshmallows if desired.
• Use candy canes instead of lollipop sticks if desired.
In keeping with good allergy practices, we remind you to be aware of allergens and to check labels on any packaged goods used. This recipe has been tested using Kellogg's* products. Results with other products may vary.
*© 2018, Trademark of Kellogg Company used under licence by Kellogg Canada Inc.