- 50 mL or 1/4 cup margarine or butter
- 250 g or 1 pkg (about 40) regular marshmallows
- 1.5 L or 6 cups Rice Krispies* cereal
- food colouring
- string licorice
- small round candies
1. Regular Method:
- In a large microwave safe bowl, melt margarine and marshmallows in a microwave set on HIGH for 2 minutes, stirring after 1 minute.
- Stir until mixture is smooth.
- Divide marshmallow mixture into five or six portions.
- Add a few drops of food colouring to each marshmallow portion.
- Stir until well blended. Divide KELLOGG’S* RICE KRISPIES* cereal into five or six portions and add to the coloured marshmallow mixtures, stirring until well coated.
- When slightly cooled, shape cereal mixture into cereal holiday lights and plug using buttered hands.
- Place on waxed paper or a surface coated with cooking spray.
- Allow to cool.
- Shape licorice into circle to form holiday lights wire.
- Attach cereal lights and plug to licorice with frosting. Decorate as desired.
2. Stove Top Method:
- Melt margarine in large saucepan over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Follow steps 2-4 above.
YIELD: 5 or 6 holiday lights
In keeping with good allergy practices, we remind you to be aware of allergens and to check labels on any packaged goods used. This recipe has been tested using Kellogg’s* products. Results with other products may vary.